Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elizabeth Gilbert Video

Ideas taken from other people's idea. Like a circle. Before she writes she would always do her research and browse from other people's ideas. Human beings is just a vesile of passing creativity.

People in the past (greeks) don't believe creativity came from human beings. They believe that those has creativity uses Daemon to help them be creativity. Like Daemon comes out to help the artist to protect itself it's own work. People who has creativity to them is a genius. Being a genius than rather than having a genius. It's wrong from what she says. When one is being entitle as an artist (genius) they are being put under pressure and this pressure has been going on for the past 500 years.

Ideas of how she does work. Talking to the space helps to change her working process. Her work is all the same and intact but her working process changed.

when one is afraid of doing something or some work, the main idea for this is not to be afraid. Just do your job, your dance, etc. Do not give up and eventually things will keep coming up.

From my point of view as a student, well for a games design student i admit that i have been using most of my life playing games than eating. I admit that i have times that i am very distracted and i know that i am suppose to do work. I remember that i just can't concentrate because my brain is telling me that i am so sick of work. Sometimes i would tell myself that i would start work after playing for an hour or so but it always ends up playing games everyday. So i tell myself that i need to buck up and start doing work so i can kick out my laziness for a few days. Sometimes when i don't concentrate at school work, i would talk to myself. Like asking myself "Is this what you want?" "what will happen if you don't do work?" Those kind of stuff. Something feels weird when i spent alot of times playing games, i feel that i hate myself so much that i am so relaxed. haha...

I agree with her that the talking to space helps with working process. Well i am a person that doesn't have many ideas in mind, the only way to help me see more ideas is by looking at how people generate ideas or get an idea from a person online maybe and try to further expand the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment