Sunday, June 27, 2010

Effects of Media

The effects of media is so great because of the technology now and I wouldn’t be surprise if one day we have a movie screen made out of projections coming out of one small ball. Though we have better playing experience not to mention that because of wifi function we get to play Wii and have a whole new experience somehow we just want more. Something like wearing a goggle and can enter a game like the anime .hack where players needs to wear this goggle thing to enter the game world. It’s a whole new fun thing when you get to really be in the characters point of view and move mentally. But however too much technology might also be a problem, as we know that we already have robots but it’s not really moving very smoothly but someday we might even be able to see robots as maids like the ones we seen in IRobot.

The media that people always gets to see are from TV, media that comes from books, movies and games are very different from one another, movies and even TV now have 3D effects and soon maybe even for computer it will be 3D soon.

A movie are usually made using books like harry potter but still if anyone that reads the book before watching the movie will find fault in the movie itself whereas people that didn’t read the book and watch the movie first will find the movie done extremely well.


when I watch shows like G.I Joe the graphics and visual effects are so good that when I watch older movies it’s like all weird and so just imagine at that time itself when these were the best graphics during that time. Surround sound plays an important role as well when we watch movie, in order to experience at first hand sound is definitely needed. Now that we even have surround sound function in Mp players and even ear phones it’s so cool and people just can’t do without it.

Horror movies with sound effects scares people and even though people know they would be watching a horror movies and be still afraid and dare not stay in the room alone, they still want to watch because horror shows thrills them and some people says it feels good. Comparing the different genre of movies I have watched so far gives me different movie experience. The recent movie that I’ve watched IP Man: The legend is born was really entertaining, when I first watched the trailer of the show I wasn’t quite impressed with the trailer but decides to watch anyway coz the fighting part is nice so after watching I find it quite nice because I didn’t really put much expectation in it and it turns out well, whereas movies that I place high expectations wasn’t what I expected and just felt disappointed. Movies like Harry Potter: half blood prince I find it quite disappointed not because I have read the book but because I wanted to see more. Some very distinct comparison is movies that can be watched in 3D. Seriously Prince of Persia - The sands of time really disappoints me because I spend more money watching it 3D and the only thing that is 3D Is the CHINESE SUBTITLE so I can conclude that the different media does makes a difference in watching experience.

photos taken from:
http://www.lyricis.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Concours-GI-Joe-871x1024.jpg
http://technologygear.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/harrobot.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment